As Portfolio Manager for Centuria’s entire platform of assets and properties under management, Matthew McQueen manages a portfolio of more than 100 commercial and industrial buildings across Australia.
With monthly rental payments of $40 million to Centuria clients, having the right property management technology in place is key to Centuria’s success. After making the decision to change their management system, in 2018 Centuria went to market and choose MRI as their product with Loci Solutions as their Australian-based implementation partner.
 Centuria AUM as at 30 June 2020, Augusta AUM as at 31 March 2020. AUM is calculated assuming Centuria’s offer is successful and Centuria acquires 100% of Augusta, and completion of CIP acquisitions.
Since 2019, Loci have worked with Centuria on the customisation and implementation of the new MRI Software across their business.
“As a business, we’re nimble and like to do things quickly. We put some ambitious targets in place for migrating from our old system to the new system and, with their expert knowledge of MRI, Loci have guided us through that process,” said Matthew.
“There have been a number of pain points on the project, but Loci have held our hand through the process. Nikki, Gwen and the team have been good at dissecting what we are doing and highlighting where we were likely to have issues early on.
Loci’s support in configuring and mapping the project has been exceptional. But what has been particularly helpful is their ability to keep us on track, without over-complicating everything. In a room full of a lot of head strong people, having someone ask ‘Why do you want this? Do you really need this?’ has reminded us to keep it as simple as possible,” said Matthew.
As is often the case with projects of this kind, Centuria didn’t have an internal team specifically dedicated to the project. Their ambitious schedule and business-as-usual priorities meant they needed external support to help deliver the project.
As MRI’s professional services partner in the Asia-Pacific region, Loci has acted as an extension of the MRI Software team, providing crucial support and guidance to Centuria’s internal project team.
Loci’s scope of work included:
- Audit and analysis of requirements to understand Centuria’s business and data sets
- Strategic advice and guidance on industry best practice
- Rollout of the MRI PMX platform, configured for optimal use and best practice processing
In addition to the new MRI Software, Centuria have also adopted a number of other complementary solutions that Loci has helped to implement through our network of third-party strategic partners.
Loci has provided the following support to Matthew and his team:
- Configuration of MRI’s out-of-the-box software to suit Centuria’s business needs
- Data migration from legacy system
- Team training for Centuria’s key user and end-users
- Development of specific reporting requirements and outputs
- Implementation and integration of complementary third-party systems including:
– eConnect email and distribution tool
– Hydra eforms, dashboards and end-of-month online reporting
– myBuildings FM platform for scheduled maintenance and ad hoc service requests
– Ongoing product and procedural support
With phase 1 of the MRI rollout completed in July 2020, Loci is continuing to work with Centuria on the rollout of other products and customised reporting solutions.