Pretty clever in a low-fi kind of way if you ask me. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, 383/Classic rock and 80's/90's video games. A journey is unique in its ability to inspire extraordinary discoveries, art, stories, and also food. There’s also a $13.13 charge (her favorite number), the word “Lover,” and a drawing of a cat. Hmmmm. Though it’s true that (She spills drinks and drops whipped cream, I can honestly relate.). Maybe singing about how boring jobs are/being a waitress in general? The “I’m special” line is accompanied by her bandmates pointing to the “Specials” section of the menu. ), Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Check this out: Taylor Swift Surprises Fans by Releasing Her New Track, "The Archer". Phew; otherwise it would have been too bleak. Or Banarama "Cruel Summer"? She's dressed like a typical waitress and if I remember correctly she has blonde curly hair, big 80s style. Gina Gershon is sooooo high maintenance. (Located right side on desktop, varies on mobile. We’ll have to wait and see if any of these ~theories~ come to fruition, but luckily, we don’t have much longer to go. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 1/1/20) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated 1/1/20) and Your California Privacy Rights. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deK2ZBrAw5g. [TOMT] 80s music video waitress New to Reddit, literally only signed up to ask this because it's driving me up the wall. During the video she's cleaning up and stuff, putting up the "closed" sign. When it comes to details, nothing is ever a coincidence for Taylor Swift. Teen Vogue covers the latest in celebrity news, politics, fashion, beauty, wellness, lifestyle, and entertainment. Lies. Looking for the song/singer in a music video, the singer/main character is a waitress and the set is a small cafe/restaurant. This is the place to get help. Donna Summer - She Works Hard For The Money has a scene sort of like that. New to Reddit, literally only signed up to ask this because it's driving me up the wall. © 2020 Condé Nast. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Hy7uAb_eU, Donna Summer - She Works Hard For The Money. One Swiftie posited that “Sandy Jay's” (the name of the diner) might be a clue about Taylor’s upcoming music, while another pointed out that the number “4” was spotted throughout the commercial. Teen Vogue may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. Fans were quick to notice several tiny details in the commercial that are clearly nods to Taylor’s personality and music. Read the rules and suggestions of this subreddit for tips on how to get the most out of TOMT. To revisit this article, select My⁠ ⁠Account, then View saved stories. The titular “she” in Donna Summer’s female anthem really does work hard for the money. With her kohl-rimmed eyes and top-heavy bouffant, there really is nobody else here like her. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. And all this waitress really wants to do is dance. Cookies help us deliver our Services. During the video she's cleaning up … The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. Oh, and did we mention her house gets broken into too? Want more from Teen Vogue? It’s just so depressing for Kravitz, and his amazing Soho loft apartment, general fame and fortune, and chiseled physique (so much of it gets screen time it sort of warrants a mention) do nothing to make him feel better. But Iggy’s not the first singer to play a waitress in a music video (though, ironically The Waitresses’ Patti Donaghue did not play a waitress in the video for “I Know What Boys Like”). To revisit this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories. Ad Choices, Taylor Swift Stars in Capital One Commercial as a Waitress, Taylor Swift Surprises Fans by Releasing Her New Track, "The Archer". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Hy7uAb_eU, The Pretenders Brass in Pocket? In the 30-second spot, we see the singer-songwriter portraying a diner waitress and a bartender, and not quite succeeding at either TBH. “She Works Hard for the Money” by Donna Summer. Or the name of that video game you had for Game Gear? Our hands down favorite waitress music video moment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Hy7uAb_eU, yeah i've already scoured everywhere for it, seen brass in pocket and it isn't that but thanks anyway. A promotional video for Depeche Mode's 1997 single "It's No Good." New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the tipofmytongue community, Can't remember the name of that movie you saw when you were a kid? Best part? Ridiculously hard in fact. It should come as no surprise that in the land of Brit Brit a waitress is a highly sexualized creature who favors form-fitting attire and likes to think of that thing called a serving tray as a mere prop during spontaneous heated dance routines. All rights reserved. It's a gas station with the closed sign, but? Lover track 4, anyone? FIORELLA. Close-up shots on receipts reveal totals amounting to $19.89 (AKA the year Taylor was born and the title of her fifth studio album). Winner of a James Beard Award, an Art Director’s Club Award and twelve Society of Publication Designers Medals - including 2015 Brand of the Year. The video was shot at the Merritt Bakery and Restaurant in Oakland, California. I mean, imagine a girlfriend who lives with you demanding a little affection and attention? I know it's not much to go on but I need help ahhhhhhhh, That really sounds like the video to "Brass in Pocket" except the singer doesn't fit your description. With Anton Corbijn, Depeche Mode, Andrew Fletcher, David Gahan. https://twitter.com/TSUpdatesNYBU/status/1154711313840402433. OK, hours. And the inimitable Miss Spears has taken a turn as a waitress in two of her video opuses. Beyond the obvious themes, some fans are speculating that the “burgers and fries” could be a nod to Katy Perry’s cameo in Taylor’s “You Need to Calm Down” video, with others going one step further to wonder if a Katy and Taylor collab might be in the works. No, really, what else is it for? Happy long weekend! Taylor’s forthcoming album Lover comes out on August 23, and like any good Swiftie, I’m counting the days. Now, as the need to get away from it all, if only for the duration of a meal, feels more urgent than ever, the summer 2018 Getaway edition of Gather explores the many shapes that an escape might take.

Tilgate Christmas Parkrun, Talampas Sa Asya, Investment Banking Powerpoint, Java Program To Add Two Numbers Using Bufferedreader, Where To Buy Gem Squash In Australia, Large Ficus Crossword Clue, Drama In School Curriculum, 2nd Grade Reading Workbook Pdf,