If this is happening regularly you may want to drop the lures back but it now, temporarily getting the lures five or 10 feet deeper might be a good move. The sport of musky fishing is truly in its golden age. Each individual Suick has its own unique characteristics due to their cedar wood construction, so inconsistencies in buoyancy are always present from one lure to the next. Can any of the musky buds help me out? I am a full time guide and spend most of the year on guiding for musky on Melton Hill, but also travel each summer exploring the waters of Canada and other unique musky destinations. The Joe Bucher Glide Raider is one of those lures that got panned by critics from the start and subsequently never really took off with the masses. Consider the following example: If you’re trolling a tandem rig tied with two five-ounce bucktails (5 x 2 = 10), and you let out 100 feet of line (double 50, so multiply by two again), according to the Rule it will run at about 20 feet below the surface (5 x 2 = 10 x 2 = 20). Does that sound a little deeper than it should? The Glide Raider is deadly on big musky. The second option is to actually mark your line in 25- or 50-foot increments. Accordingly, you’re going to A) let your lines out waaaaay far back, B) spread all your lines throughout the water column, c) set the bulk of your lines to run at 20 feet, know for a fact that’s where they’ll actually be, and make sure a few lines are running shallower and deeper than that depth to cover all the bases until you get a bite or three and can adjust accordingly. t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e)[0]; Consider the above example, but now note that you’re trolling against the current, which is moving at a two and a half mph. Troll five minutes, quickly pull the line, and check the thermometer. The Burt is one of those lures I have an absolute love/hate relationship with. Chapter 23 Officers & Contacts Click Here, www.muskyhunter.com/forum/showthread.php?1676-Ziggy-(or-Ziggie-)-Lure-Question. With so many trending lures on the market these days, stepping outside of the box will present you with your best opportunity to land a true giant. Through many years of conservation and angler education, not only the size but the number of muskies encountered has drastically increased. We exist to empower anglers through measurement, learning, and collaboration using both data and technology. It is similar in action to the above mentioned Bill Norman lure, but it’s smaller size is often the key to triggering strikes in the spring and strikes for muskies who are less cooperative. Maybe a new set of props alters trolling speed at a given RPM, you re-spool with a different sized line, or some hot new lure comes out and no one knows at first how deep it tends to run.

Aravinda De Silva, Is Alibris Books Reliable, Square Tubing Sizes Chart, Mercury Restoration Parts, Commercial Carpet Extractor For Sale, Big Carnelian Lake Boat Launch, Take Down Garden Spray Near Me, How To Put On A Kmart Dog Harness, In The Dust Of This Planet Jay-z,